Sunday, August 22, 2010

"Mommy, play!"

Last Sunday we were visiting friends and joined them at church. Instead of going into the nursery, I decided to bring Hannah with me into the sanctuary. I was a little nervous doing this by myself with only one parent to keep her happy and quiet. She kept pretty occupied coloring and eating fruit snacks. When the fruit snacks ran out during the sermon, she started getting restless. Hannah wanted to stand up in my lap, look around, and started requesting to play. If we weren't sitting in the middle of the sanctuary... if we weren't guests, and if it wasn't in the very middle of the sermon, I would have taken her out to find the nursery.

All of a sudden, Hannah got right in my face with her nose touching my nose. She grinned and started kissing me little pecks kisses right on the lips. "Mommy!!! Play!!!" she requested, rather loudly. It was so funny! I couldn't help but laugh. I was being bribed with lots of kisses! Thankfully, I had an equally effective bribe in my purse. I won, keeping her quiet for the rest of the sermon with a Hello Kitty Pez dispenser and plenty of Pez.

1 comment:

  1. She was very persuasive with her tiny kisses! Too cute!

    Just so you know we got lots of compliments for how good the girls were during the service ; )

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!