Saturday, June 19, 2010

Redirect: Guess who came to our house to play?

photo credit: Lora at The Cole Connection

Hannah and I had a FABULOUS playdate with Allie and Lora on Friday, as always. Lora took some great pics of the girls playing. Head on over to their blog for some double cuteness! I always get a little choked up when Lora talks about seeing Hannah at the orphanage in Taiwan. She describes seeing a three month old Hannah as the littlest baby she ever saw.

Hannah's having her first overnight away from both of her parents tonight, enjoying a lakeside weekend with Nana and Papa. After I got off work Kevin and I took a trip to Lowes sans toddler. Every once in a while we caught ourselves looking for where Hannah ran off to. It's AMAZING how much one can accomplish at home without a toddler running around, asking you to color, refill sippy cups, turn on Elmo, let's read books, etc. What did I do with all of my time before we had kids???? Is having two easier than one because they entertain each other, or does it end up being double the work?

10 comments:

  1. That is the big question, isn't it? What did we do with our time before kids? Glad you're getting a little adult time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this photo she looks so much like a little "girl" (as opposed to a toddler). She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable girls! Depends on the ages and age differences --- for us 2 girls is double the work! They are 2.5 yrs apart and both 5 and under.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how grown up H.C. looks in that picture. Wow! And of course, I'm always jealous that you get to hang out with Lora & Allie. I'm seriously thinking we need to do a national SLC reunion one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As an AP to twins from VN I can assure you that 2 is twice the fun. Of course I have never had just one, but knowing what my friends go through entertaining their "only" I have it good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL

    Cute, cute cute!!

    Yep, its twice the work ( er...maybe even a bit more...) BUT also twice ( and more!) the joy!!

    The big thing are the bits of guilt that ride along with it...am I spending enough time with one? With the other? AND yes they do entertain one another quite a lot, but they can squabble too! :)

    Anyways..I wouldn't have it any other way!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw! She looks so grown up in this pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At certain points it is no extra work. But, in the early years before they play (especially if you've got a newborn and a toddler) it can be mind numbingly hard. I'm positive proof that it is all worth it and CAN BE DONE... otherwise we wouldn't have FOUR. :-) Time to put together another dossier??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am jeleous! I wish the Coles lived closer to me too. The girls look like they had a grea time. Victoria,California SLC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not twice the work, but it is twice the fun

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!