Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I ♥ Faces Entry - Green

I heart faces entry - green

“It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.” ~ Charles Dickens

This photo is my kids entry into this week's I ♥ Faces contest where the theme is "green." I clicked through my recent photos and couldn't find anything that said green to me (except for photos ruined by big green boogers), so I dressed Miss Hannah up in her greenest outfit, grabbed the camera, headed outside, and started clickin' away. Hannah touched grass for the first time since coming home to us January 2nd, and wasn't at all happy with the prickly sensation of our wintry March grass. Don't worry, baby. It will feel much softer on your piggies in the June sunshine after a month of rain in April. She's got a little smile in this photo because she's back on the concrete and not in the prickly grass. Here's a link to a larger view of this photo.

As a side note, the grass in southern Taiwan felt much different than the Kentucky Bluegrass that we have around these parts. Two days before we picked up Hannah in Taiwan, I got down on my hands and knees in a park in Tainan to feel the grass. It was spongy to the touch, and reminded me a lot of the grass my in-laws have in Florida.


Click here to view the I ♥ Faces kids category entries and click here to view the adult category entries.

15 comments:

  1. Found you through the iHeartFaces page. She's so precious. I don't blame her for not loving the prickly grass though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love every single picture of your precious little girl!!! So happy for how happy you all are together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... so sweet and perfect. I love it! I love your blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    This is my second time trying to comment. Sorry if it hits you twice!
    She is changing so much lately. Going from baby-baby to baby-toddler! She is just beautiful! One of the most adorable little angels I've ever seen. Love the dress too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented! And Green is her color! She looks great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutiepie. You're going to have to think of some good lines to ward people away from wanting to pinch those precious cheeks all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet, beautiful little girl! This picture is great - I love her green outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and so appropriate with the abundance of good fortune and luck we have all been blessed with! Such a joyful baby girl!
    Glad the gorgeous weather came your way too!
    Lisa C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh she is sooo photogenic! I LOVE this shot! So can you win something in the photo contest? She is adorable as always! :) Thanks for sharing about the grass in Taiwan! That is a neat tidbit to know for our little man! :)

    hugs
    Tami
    Noahs' mama
    www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pic is really really cute! And I absolutely LOVE your new blog layout.
    Holli

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so precious :)
    What great photos.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!