Monday, March 9, 2009

I ♥ Faces Entry - Creative Crop

These are my two entries for I ♥ Faces. This week's theme is Creative Crop. These are few of my favorite photography crops.


Kids Entry:

This crop is near and dear to my heart. This is Hannah Claire's singular dimple, the target of most of this mama's kisses. You can even see the little bumps where her two teeth are getting ready to surface.


dimple

Here is the before photo:


2009-02-01_15-24-44_Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi

You can view all of the kids creative crop entries here.

Adults Entry:


self portrait - recolored black and white

I was in a hotel room Chicago trying to learn how to use the timer. Because I was laying the camera on the on the bed, the linens got in most of the shot. I thought that the look in my eyes and crooked glasses were kind of funny, so the crop saved this photo. Converting to black and white and recoloring the eyes made it even more fun.

Here is what it looked like before the crop.


self portrait - before the crop

You can view all of the adults creative crop entries here.

And all of this cropping inspired a little digiscrapping.


self portrait

Black and White Action from the Poineer Woman
Papers and bow from Shabby Miss Jen's Desert Dandelions
Swirls from Weeds and Wildflowers Happy Garden
Font is CK Alis Hand

11 comments:

  1. Those are great, Sarah!!! Great crops, both of them... love how you recolored your eyes, pretty fancy PS work there girlfriend. :) And of course I am partial to that sweet little dimple of HC's!

    Love you!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these shots are wonderful! It had to be hard to crop out those beautiful eyes, but the focus on her little dimple and gums is precious.

    Love the adult entry. The eye treatment completely makes it. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love them both! That first one is just darling, and I never would have thought to crop it that way... But it totally draws the attention right where you want it, to her sweet little dimple and beautiful smile!

    I also love what you did with the self portrait- and the eyes are stunning! Great job! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've turned me on to I Heart Faces!!! Loving it! And I've been inspired to get back to some digiscrapping and I finally opened and loaded Photoshop! BOY do I have a LOT to learn! Love both of your creative crops. Dimples and Blue Eyes, why wouldn't you win?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you adult crop.
    Changing it to black and white and recolouring the eyes is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the adult entry! Wow the eyes are wonderful! I feel like I could just dive into them! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I do ADORE the dimple, I was rather hoping for a close up crop of a large cottage cheese curdle on that sweet face =). Great shots S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the b&w conversion with the bright blue {amazing} eyes!! And that baby - OMG! SO SO SO frikken cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First I want to say that Hannah Claire is insanely cute! I love both crops. Awesome self portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Amy. I'll be over at your house with a container of cottage cheese for Mr. Cooper in a few months. Just you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool Pictures. Cut dimple and pretty Blue eyes....

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!