Friday, January 23, 2009

photos of our one year old

Hannah_01a

Hannah_03a

Hannah_02a

Hannah_04a

Today Hannah Claire, Daddy, and Grandma Adrienne went to the mall and had her one year photos taken. I packed a bag with three outfits and accessories, and let Kevin choose whatever he wanted. I think they turned out great, very natural. This is what she looks like playing with us at home with her gummy smile. It was a especially good day for Daddy, as we turned a corner with Hannah Claire's attachment to Kevin.

I think things are peachy with how Hannah feels about me. She definitely knows I'm the mommy. Our eye contact is fine, but improving more and more each week. She'd be happy playing with both of us are in the room, and a little over a week ago she started getting upset and crying when I walk out of the room. She didn't used to do that... and used to be fine as long as someone, anyone, was in the room. She'd be happy playing with Kevin in his arms, but if she saw me leave she'd get upset, cry a whiny cry, and come crawling after me.

When Kevin came home tonight after spending a whole day with Hannah Claire without me, he went to leave the room and started walking down a hallway. Hannah Claire immediately started whining and I'm yelling, "Kevin! Kevin! Come back here!" We tested it, and had Kevin engage her and then walk out of the room... and she'd start crying all over again. It made me start crying! I don't ever think I'd be so happy to hear a baby cry! So excited to make the step from "I like to be held but don't care who holds me" to "Where's my Daddy going? Come back!"

17 comments:

  1. Awww... what a cutie. Gotta love gummy smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are beautiful!! Happy 1st birthday, Miss Hannah Claire!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Great shots! Happy Birthday HC!! Hope the party is great and so glad she is home with you to celebrate!

    Super cute pics! Going to have Andy's done here soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute! What great pictures!!! Her hair looks lighter in these pictures (maybe it's the white background). I can't wait to see her (and you guys) next weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so gave to agree with you that it is one of the best feelings in the world. I remember that day when it was Allie and Chris. The picture on our 1 year referral video of Allie in Daddy's arms on the beach. It was that very moment!!! I'm so happy for you guys Sarah. Those pictures are adorable and you can just tell that she was having a fun day at the mall with Daddy. He must have been doing something right! You Rock Kevin!!!
    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, happy b-day Hannah! I didn't know our little ones were so close in age--only 20 days apart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pictures of you sweetie pie! I am so thrilled that the attaching to Daddy is happening! That is a wonderful praise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Hannah Claire! Wonder if your mommy's going to let you eat cake and ice cream?

    Charloe

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL.
    The outfit is great and I love the one with the blocks!

    You guys are doing such a great job... I hope you have 10 more!

    xoxo,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet! Love the Hello Kitty Gear! She's a natural in front of the camera, that's for sure. Glad to hear the bonding is going so well. I know what you mean - it can feel marvelous to hear your child cry when it means she's finally attaching! Don't forget to go out on Mommy Daddy dates before she gets too used to you both being around!! You need time to yourselves to regroup too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Hannah Claire!! The photos are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so cute :)
    Love the photos.
    I am glad everything is going well
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a doll in her sweet Hello Kitty ensemble(so cute!!)! Such a beauty and I'm so happy to hear that the attachement is going well!

    Happy 1 year to a darling babe!
    Lisa C.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The attachment stuff does make you cry doesn't it? Each milestone is so sweet and so hard-earned.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Happy Birthday Sweet Hannah Claire!! :)
    The pics are adorable, I love the one with the blocks!

    Congratulations to Kevin on your Daddy-Daughter milestone. That is just the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Could she get any cuter? (I'm sure you think that just about everyday and then she does!)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!