Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I heart the hungry girl.

I commented a few days ago... saying, "I heart Google Maps too, Amanda!" Well, I heart Google maps even more now. I'm a fan of the blog "A Hungry Girl's Guide to Taipei" as I like to check out the Taiwanese dishes she's eating and where she's been. Tonight I discovered that she has a Google map HERE where she shows the locations of her favorite restaurants in Taipei. Cha-ching! Kevin's really gonna like this.

I'm not having much luck with trying to book tour guides online, so we'll just make arrangements when we're in Taipei. We've made reservations to stay at the Grant Hyatt for the first and third legs of our trip. I'll just have the concierge desk help me figure it out, I guess. That's what they're there for. I really want to see Sun and Moon Lake (very pretty web site) and the Taroko Gorge.

I have the day off Wednesday. Lots of things to do! My list:
  • Complete immigration paperwork and send it to AIT. check
  • Finish writing thank you notes.
  • Finish Christmas cards. (I addressed them a month or two ago when I had nothing to do. Just gotta get insert the photos of HC and get them in the mail.) check
  • Mail pendants to Rebecca. check
  • Mail Christmas gift to a very special niece! check
  • Talk to human resources at work to see what they need to add HC to my insurance. check
  • Tell family that we'll be bringing home Christmas presents for you from Taiwan... so there won't be things here for most of you before we go. (Oh, that's right! You all read the blog. Well, here's your notice!) check
  • Call credit card company so they don't freak out about charges on the card from Taiwan. (It would be very bad if they cut us off right now because they thought the card was stolen.) check
  • Figure out what secondary credit cards are still active. (Lots of inactive credit cards are being canceled with the current financial crisis. It would be bad not to have a credit card that works while in Taiwan!)
  • Make a hair appointment for both of us. check
  • Make Sedona a doggie day spa appointment for before we leave. (The dog groomer seriously calls her business a doggie day spa. I don't make this stuff up.) check

Okay. Gotta go to bed. Gotta be productive tomorrow. No hanging out in the robe wasting time boo-hooing in Hannah's room. Night night.

12 comments:

  1. I guess making reservations when in Taipei will probably work out just fine for yall.

    Just a guess . . . but one based on experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah . . . and I am so excited for yall!!!

    I hope your wednesday is VERY productive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that you have so much to do is a fabulous thing.... it means your daughter is COMING HOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're busy away and I'm in my robe today! But I'm not boo hooing, I'm rejoicing that you are sooooo close to Hannah Claire! I did not get the package in the mail last week--for some reason the post office was closed on Thursday! Crazy thinking girl...then we were gone Friday and Saturday. SOOOO, it will go in the mail tomorrow when I'm out running errands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to stay busy! Before you know it, you'll be on that plane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just checking in to see if you had updated your check list and to my delight you have hilariously been checking off your list....Keep chuggin' along my friend, your days are few with no little Hannah home...=)

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna check that food blog out too! Yum!
    Excited for you and it sounds like you are keeping busy!
    Yay!
    Lisa C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry!
    But I wanted to share a restaurant that everyone has been raving about! It is called:
    Din Tai Fung
    We plan to go when its our turn in Taiwan! :)
    Lisa C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sweetie she will be in your arms so soon. I know that your arms must be aching. To do lists are a good thing. (((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah,
    I can't believe you're leaving in days!! Your list is helping me because lots of that stuff is stuff I have to do too! :) I hope you blog while in Taiwan! I'll be thinking of ya!
    Holli
    www.expectinggoodthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww.. Thanks! I'm glad my blog can help you find some good places to eat. There are a lot of great places to eat near the hotels you are looking at. Be sure to check out the National Palace Museum or SYS Memorial Hall.. There are also some great parks to walk around, though it's chilly here now! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a busy time for you!! It looks like you are getting everything checked off nicely. Only 15 more days!! WOO HOO!!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!