Thursday, July 24, 2008

computers, baby clothes, and the wait (pretty much everything I blog about, right?)

I've needed a new computer for a long while. The one I've been using was the equivalent of something built in 2001. It chugged and chugged whenever I'd try to use Photoshop Elements. "Caaaaannnn't looooooaaad iimmmmmmaaaggeeees annnnyy fffaassttterrr." I swear, I got a new gray hair every time I tried to use Photoshop Elements. Lack of speed is one of the many reasons why I always tried to use just FotoFusion for my digital scrapbooking. Anyway, after we were approved for our little bug we went shopping at Fry's in Indy and then looked at models online at NewEgg. We always finds better electronic deals at NewEgg than any other store or online site. So we found just what I wanted in a suped up Toshiba Satellite notebook. It has a beautiful screen, and I like how it feels so smooth to the touch. This is my dream computer. I've never had a portable computer before, and I'm really liking being able to move it from room to room around the house and even hang outside on the back porch, using wireless internet from anywhere. Kevin found me a cute tiny wireless mouse, and I found a beautiful Flicka laptop bag, so I'm pleased as punch with my new setup.

Kevin called me at work today. He said, "You'll never believe what just happened. Your old computer just died." It displayed the Windows blue screen of death and everything. Man, oh man. I was a little worried for awhile. I knew my Outlook and our photos were moved to the new computer and backed up. Kevin had just finished transferring all of my digital scrapbooking kits and saved projects to the new computer yesterday. "What about all of my Microsoft Word documents?" My resume, important letters I've written, and my college work I'd really like to save was all on there. Kevin replied that he just finished moving all of that to the new computer last night. Wow. Wow, oh wow. My old computer bit the dust less than one day after we'd moved everything to the new computer. I still can't believe it.

In the above photo you can see my latest eBay auction item, a beautiful Baby Nay outfit for Hannah, gently used, size 9 months (designer runs small). I've been eBaying for some new favorite designers: Baby Nay, Mad Sky, and Oilily, in 6-12 month sizes. You can google these names if you want to see what they look like. I never dared to buy anything under 12-18 months before. These lines all have soft cotton outfits with Asian inspired designs. I've read that the babies at St. Lucy's are used to wearing very baggy soft cotton clothing, and some get really upset when you suddenly put them in rougher stiff fabrics like denim. Interestingly, I'm finding gently used designer clothes on eBay for less than what I've been paying for new Gymboree on sale, and when Hannah's done with these I can turn around and resell the ones in good condition right back on eBay. Oh well. The bidding is fun and it keeps me happy and busy as we wait... once again... some more.

So far this is the happier end of the wait. On this side of the referral, we know things are moving. We know that the agency and the orphanage are working for us to make us a family. It's all going to be just fine. People keep asking me how long? Dunno. I'm telling myself the long end of the spectrum. If we get to travel before Christmas, I'll be overjoyed.

2 comments:

  1. Love the outfit!! I love, love baby nay too. I'm developing quite the ebay addiction myself these days. I'm currently trying to get one of those hanna andersson striped play dresses with the striped leggins for a deal :)
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just in time. I have a huge fear of this happening and have Brad backing up all our pictures. Our computer is working fine, but you never know! I would be devestated if we lost all our pictures.

    The outfit is cute. The above comment talks about Hannah Andersson. We love their things!! In fact, Braylen's backpack and lunch sack are on order from there!!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!