Sunday, December 9, 2007

To Answer Tisra's Question on Printing

Dear Tisra,

I can print very good 8 1/2 x 12 prints at home with my Epson Stylus Photo R380 printer. Kevin did a great job researching photo printers and bought this for us (well, really just for me) for our anniversary this year. It wasn't expensive, and we're getting really quality here at home with premium photo paper. You can get this printer for only $99 now, so you might want to add this to your Christmas wish list this year.

I'm also a big fan of Shutterfly. I plan on printing Shutterfly photo books when we have baby home. Right now I really don't feel like I have much that I want bound in a book. What I really like about these Shutterfly books is that you can even design your own covers. That's pretty cool. I can also order multiples at a time... one for me, and an extra one or two for the grandmas. I hear that grandmas can get a little demanding when you haven't sent them enough baby pictures!

I'm always oh so very happy with the 4 x 6 prints that I order from Shutterfly. I upload them in the very highest resolution that I can. It can take awhile to upload them, but when they arrive in the mail I'm jumping up and down because they look so nice. I ordered 75 copies of a Christmas 4 x 6 digital scrapbooking page to put in our Christmas cards this year... and I can't say enough about how crystal clear they are. I also plan on digiscrapping our baby announcements in 4 x 6, having Shutterfly print them, and just putting them in envelopes with the print as the actual announcement. You could do the same thing for party invitations. 4 x 6s are so cheap that your invitations would be be beautiful, inexpensive, and personal. I have not been very happy with the quality of digiscrapping prints that I uploaded to two local drugstores and had them print out at the store in an hour. I have a feeling that the photo file gets compressed or something, as the words look all fuzzy.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh- thanks! :-)

    I second the poor quality of drugstore locations- their printers are junk and they aren't as particular about things as I'd like them to be. Personally, I go to Wolf Camera to pick up my prints that I've uploaded to their RitzPix website. But, I don't print much- a few here, a few there. Mostly, I want to transition to the bound books. Maybe one for each year, or one dedicated to each child? haven't figured that out yet. Yes, those grandmas can be demanding- but can you blame them?! On that note, computer technology helps, too- we've just started video chatting with Grandma and Papa online (Eric's parents)- now they get talk with and see the grandkids whenever they want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a Shutterfly book, when Yahoo made you convert out of their photo albums Shutterfly had a special for a free photo book. It turned out great! I will probably make another one if I should ever find time to actually do it :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!