Friday, October 5, 2007

Chung Yi Christmas presents - part 4

I went to Wal-mart today just to get one item. I should have known better. I wanted to include a paci clip as a last minute item in my gift bag to a child at Chung Yi. Well, you know what happens when you get me in a baby section? I can't resist looking at baby clothes. It all started so innocently. I picked up the clip, and then was drawn to the baby clothes. I found two very soft darling outfits to send in the Christmas package to Chung Yi, one 3-6 months and one 6-9 months. Pictures are of them below. (Sedona was a being a stinker tonight and wanted attention and barked at me and danced on top of the baby clothes. Bad, babydog. When I told her to go sit in her crate to get out of the way, she ran to her travel bag that was out on the floor. I think she wants to deliver the gifts to Chung Yi herself.)

I'm getting off track. Anyway... so I found these two cute outfits for the Christmas bag. I'm starting to depart the baby section without major purchases until a lady says to me, "What age is your daughter? There's whole section of summer that is only $1-2." That sent me into a little emotional roller coaster. What age is my daughter? Humm. I didn't know what to say. I don't know how old my daughter is. But then I jerked right into retail therapy mode. "Did you say $1 outfits???" I thanked the woman for the shopping tip and made a bee line to the clearance rack. I found a whole bunch of cute outfits, 12 in number to be exact, most for $1, all going to the children of Chung Yi.

5 comments:

  1. I know I tell you all the time but you ROCK! :) i am sitting here wondering the expression on your face and I totally see you dodging for those clothes after her comment. Not too long now I know you will be able to tell everyone her age. And you will have her button on too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's rushed through your head a few times, but I can't help but wonder if the little girl you're referred ends up being this one. It will be soon, guys. And, then, like Nicole said, you'll be able to shout from the rooftops how old she is! Good work on the Christmas package- I need to blog ours. You've put me to shame with your documentation. :-)

    Tisra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it's rushed through your head a few times, but I can't help but wonder if the little girl you're referred ends up being this one. It will be soon, guys. And, then, like Nicole said, you'll be able to shout from the rooftops how old she is! Good work on the Christmas package- I need to blog ours. You've put me to shame with your documentation. :-)

    Tisra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl you are awesome! 12 more outfits? Chung Yi won't know what hit them!!! :)

    Oh, and by the way, I too discovered 2-1/2 gallon Ziplocs. Do you know you can buy GIGANTIC ziplocs??? The biggest I thought they came were 1-gallon. Where have *I* been??

    The outfits you bought for Hannah are so cute!!! :) But I want to see pictures of HER in them!! Soon!

    Love ya,
    Rebecca
    untilwemeetintaiwan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, Rebecca. Me too. Hopefully October updates from our agency are just around the corner with news of recent referrals.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!