Monday, October 22, 2007

Fun with Adopting Families

Kevin has accused me (jokingly of course) of becoming a blogaholic. Here's a test one can take to find out your status.

My score was 56 percent. A score in the 51 through 80 present ranks me as a dedicated blogger. The site states, "You post frequently because you enjoy weblogging a lot, yet you still manage to have a social life. You're the best kind of weblogger. Way to go!"

Yesterday's gathering of Indiana Taiwan adoption families was really great time, but Kevin joked that I couldn't wait to get home to blog about it. See, honey. I waited until the next day. I'm just a dedicated blogger, not a blogaholic. Haha.

Due to babysitter difficulties, we ended up meeting in a home rather than at the restaurant. I think we had an even better time because we had more time to just hang out, relax, and get to know eachother. We had 6 adults and 7 kiddos, and it was amazing that the kids played so well together. It was a beautiful October day, and the sand and swingset kept them entertained for hours. We joked that the family's recycling bin made it look like there had been a frat party. At the end of the night there were many empty bottles of wine, beer bottles, pop cans (Yep, I'm a Hoosier and I say "pop"), three pizza boxes, and one jug of milk.

I took some parenting notes from these supermommies. Here's my favorite. When your older child is crying too long and isn't really hurt, pretend to be overly interested in their owie. "Oh no, this really looks serious! If this isn't better in a few minutes we're going to have to go to doctor and get a shot to fix it." Amazing! Whimpering stopped immediately. Gotta write this stuff down!

Someone asked me yesterday when Chinese New Year would be in 2008. I googled the answer:
New Year's Day - Thursday, February 7th
Lantern Festival (15th day) - Thursday, February 21st

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I scored low on that test. 38%. I'm "a casual weblogger and only blog when I have nothing better to do". Haha...

    We had such a great time yesterday at the "frat party", haha. Seriously, can you believe how well we all just clicked effortlessly?? I think you and Kevin are so cool. Meeting you in person made me that much more anxious for your referral to come quickly!!! You are a sweetheart Sarah and you are going to be a WONDERFUL mommy to your little girl!! (Kevin is going to be an awesome daddy too, I can tell!!!) ;)

    Hugs, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny, I just tried that "doctor" line yesterday with Jia! It didn't work in our case because she just switched to repeating,"Nooooo, doctor! Noooooo..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, Have you called Laura recently about timelines and a possible referral? Vonne Barnett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casual blogger here. Wish I could've joined the frat party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vonne, I have tried to contact Laura via phone and e-mail over the last 10 days and have had no luck. Just left another message on voice mail a few minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently I'm a casual blogger, too, at 28%. Huhn. Guess I'm more of a blog reader...

    8 months huh? Keeping my fingers crossed for you...

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. How'd I get a 50?! LOL! I think I need a re-test. Hehehe... That was a very cute quiz.

    Im with Shelley... wish I could have joined the Frat Part-Tay. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!