Saturday, September 22, 2007

7 months

Although we've been on our agency's waiting list for 7 months, we've been working on this paper pregnancy for even longer than that. One year ago we'd just announced to parents and siblings that we hoped to adopt internationally, we'd chosen China, and figured that the timeline would have us going to China about the time of the August 2008 Olympics in Beijing, and we were e-mailing them links to read about international adoption. I'd read all kinds of adoption stories and thought that we could have a referral from China in only 6 months after LID (log in date when the Chinese government gets your documents to get ready to adopt). Boy, were we off!

This week has been non-stop go-go-go returning from vacation and working on projects for our community's fair. My pictures from Texas are still on my camera and I haven't even had a chance to take a good look at them yet!

7 comments:

  1. 7 months! You're getting so close now! Congratulations on reaching this milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting so exciting that your referral will be coming soon! Had any fun at Gymboree lately? I have lots of Gymbucks for October!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Gymboree lately, just some bibs. Honestly, I NEED to stay away. Except for some basics and some wintery items... this girl is pretty much all set from 12-18 months, 18-24 months, and 2T. I purposely tried to stay away from smaller sizes because 1) I don't want to buy things she doesn't fit into and 2) I want to leave smaller sizes as something fun to shop for while I'm waiting on the courts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting that you are getting so close to your referral!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray on the 7-month milestone! I'm on pins and needles WITH you waiting for the big news!! :) I love the verse, appropriately, a quote of Hannah, one of my favorite women of the Bible.

    Hugs,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pictures from Texas?!?! Yay! Get those up there!
    Every day that passes is one less day without Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 7 months. You're moving right along now!!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!