Sunday, August 19, 2007

feeling a little better

I'm feeling a little better this weekend. I've been anxious last week about getting our family approved by St. Lucy's Center or Chung Yi. I'm trying not to think about it, and work doing all of the house cleaning and laundry that I didn't do while I was in my funk. An update from our agency is supposed to come this week. I don't think I want to know when our info is in Taiwan for approval then matching with a child, because I know it will really stress me out. Ignorance isn't bliss, but it's much less stressful.

My mind is on happier thoughts, especially wanting to paint that baby room, then penciling in the outline of a plum blossom (national flower of Taiwan) tree in for a mural. I'm trying to decide between white blossoms and pink blossoms for the tree, as plum blossoms can be either color.

I'll try to get my head out of the clouds and into the kitchen this week. I found some Won Ton wrappers next to tofu in the produce section of the evil empire store tonight. I'd like to experiment with cooking with them this week. If any of you have made little dumplings before at home and have some favorites, send me links! Send me links to recipes that look good, and I'll post some pics with recipes of what we made.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry about the waiting to hear - I remember how hard it was when we were waiting for approval.

    I would love to know where you got that beautiful picture from? Is is a book illustration?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deberoo,
    This is a Mary Engelbreit print. You can order it from her web site. There are a few other item listings. Just go to her website and search for keyword "lantern" and you'll see the listings. I think it's beautiful too. I'd love to buy it for Hannah's room... but I'm holding back for now. Never fear, the link is bookmarked under "babyshopping" for the future!

    http://shop.maryengelbreit.com/detail.aspx?ID=3273

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of art prints, I really like this one too on Etsy. These are supposed to be cherry blossoms, but I think they could pass for pink plum blossoms too.

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6537303

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey the evil empire store isn't all bad. Love your friendly Wally World RPh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,

    Thanks so much for the info on the lantern picture.

    I absolutely love the print on Etsy but its sold out in that color scheme - serves me right for not keeping up with my blog reading!

    Debberoo

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!