Tuesday, August 7, 2007

checking blogs and e-mails multiple times daily

A friend joked with me last night in an e-mail message that she thinks that she checked this blog at work 15 times yesterday. No news! Heehee. I think that's pretty funny! I promised her that I'd send her an e-mail when we get a referral before I post to the blog so she'll know right away. And S.S., you just checked 10 times, not the 15 that you thought!

I'm guilty of checking other's blogs multiple times daily when I'm excited for them as they wait patiently... or not so patiently for news. It's addicting, especially when you're checking on someone's blog that you know is in line right ahead of you with the same agency. Good news for you means good news for me, buddy! So many others have had good adoption news this last week that I keep thinking, maybe I'll have news too! It doesn't help that people have told me that they get good news e-mails from our agency in the middle of the night, and I've heard of people waking up in the middle of the night to check their e-mail every night... and finally finding their referral news at 2am.

If you're a blogger I encourage you to use something like Google Analytics to see where your visitors come from. I started using Analytics on June 10th, and it tells me that I've had visitors from 26 countries and 44 states (missing states are Montana, North Dakota, Delaware, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine). It's inspiring to know that one has readers from all over the globe.

Now I just wish that referral phone call would come along and I'd have something to talk about!!! As soon as we have that little picture in our hands (and in the in-box of our close friends and family) I just have a feeling that I'll have a burst of energy to go-go-go paint the nursery, install closet organizers, buy a crib and other furniture, install cabinet door and toilet seat safety locks, clean the house, wash the dog, spit shine the garage floor... Well, maybe not spit shine the garage floor, but you get the idea. Right now all I want to do is check my e-mail multiple times a day and sit on the couch looking around at clutter... and I have no desire to do anything about it. Bad, Sarah. Bad Bad. It's so bad that I don't even want to look at baby clothes right now. Wow, did I really just write that?!?!?

8 comments:

  1. I signed up for analytics, but I must have done something wrong. I can't get it to work. I technodumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, we never got a July Waiting Families update and are STILL trying to get some information out of FFC. So, I really, really, really am of the mindset that "good news for you = good news for me"! We thought we wouldn't get a referral until April, may or June of 2008. Could it come sooner?! We're on the list as of April 25, 2007 and requested a healthy infant girl. When you got on the list, what kind of time frame were you given? I'm dying for information, here! How exciting that your referral could really happen any time now. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to let you know! I am pretty crazy so I went back to check analytics and it is working! Pretty cool! Sorry our "guess the referral" date passed without you getting the referral for Hannah Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard all this waiting. But you'll make it. We haven't bought one single baby thing at all, so when we finally get the call we'll have lots to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think designing the nursery "post-ref" is a much better decision then looking at a finished room & waiting for that email! Kobi's room was finished "post-ref" & I remember just sitting on the floor reading his books to his picture. (Yeah... Im nuts...) so it will help you pass time too. Dont worry you will get that call when you are suppose to & yeah the waiting sucks but you got this crazy lady to talk to until you do:) He he he...
    Now whats this about not buying baby clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust me Sara I totally understand where you are coming from - and I do agree with doing the room post ref because I painted before, ordered the furniture and put it together 2 months before we got our referral and then did the rest after we got it and it realy helped. The shopping thing - although a true shopaholic myself I got to that same point as I bought all summer stuff 6 - 12 months and now she will be 12 mths in November so here's hoping she's petite - haha :) and maybe if you're little one will be around that age during the summer I'll ship a whole care package to you with some killer baby GAP duds and some really cute Gymboree (although you may already have all of their lines - haha) but you will get through this and she will come

    And even 3 mths post ref I still open the floodgates and cry like a mad woman, I still talk to my dog Winston about his sister almost daily, I still put him in the room and let him sniff her toys and stuff, I still rearrange her room every other week and redo her dresser drawers and our bathroom as to where to put her stuff, I still get mad at my hubby for not being as upset as me and ask him why he doesn't talk about her every minute of every day :)etc. I'm losin it. I'm really here for ya - I pray everynight that you will hear something and I know she's on her way SOON! You will get that boost trust me it really comes in waves that's this whole roller coaster adoption thing and honestly unless you're going through it or went through it I don't think the outside world has any idea!!! We're like our own little clan us adoptive parents :) Thinking of you and hang in there -sorry for the novel.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah (and Tiffany too) The adoption game is truly a roller coaster. I've cried so many times and done the "WHY is he not upset the way I am??" thing too. I go and watch YouTube videos (btw - never stay up past midnight watching these, it's just depressing!) I read all the blogs about adoption I can get my hands on. It truly is harder once you know there is a little person there that has your name attached (I am not saying it's much fun before that either though!) But somehow you survive it. You decorate the nursery, buy all the stuff you can beforehand, obsess over every detail (I am not sure how many times I've rearranged her room now...) And one day you have your baby and (hopefully) all the rest of the stress and crying and misery that goes along with adoption fades. And what you have left is this perfect little person.
    Thinking of you lots, and big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I purposefully didn't check for a couple days HOPING for news today!!! I'm so excited for you, and I think I owe you an email... I'll go look!

    Hugs, Shana :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!