Saturday, August 4, 2007

Baby Ella Violet and labor dreams

I just got a e-mail that my cousin and his wife had their baby Ella Violet late last night (Friday night)! She's a very cute scrunched up little chub at 8 pounds 10 ounces. I've been told that momma and baby are doing well, but have to be very tired after 24 hours of labor and then a c-section. I love the names Ella and Violet. Beautiful!!!!!

I wasn't going to share this dream with anyone... but I find it really ironic that this happened the night Ella was born. Last night I had my first pregnancy/labor dream. I dreamt that I was in a delivery room, but it was a huge room with four beds with three other couples using them. I remember being really glad that I was being prepped by my doctor and not a stranger I did not know. I was frustrated with Kevin because he forgot to bring my digital camera. I wanted him to go get it for me but he wouldn't leave my side. (Sweet husband.) My mom was there in the background and I knew that she had her camera, but I really wanted *my* camera. My labor was not progressing and I was frustrated. In real life, this "paper pregnancy" sure isn't progressing very quickly either with no news, no news, no news, every week!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! I know those are the worst words to hear (I heard them a lot and never liked it). I do have a pretty good feeling your day is coming though. There has been so much good news all around this week.
    Keep my fingers, toes and everything else crossed (and praying as always.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad our guess-the-referral date passed! I just knew it'd be then! Patience is something I never knew would be SOOO tested during this process of getting to our babies! You are in my prayers and I can't wait for the day I click on your site and see the big news! Abbey

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!