Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend 2007

Saturday we drove to my grandparents lake home. On the way through Warsaw, Indiana, we drove past DePuy. Adrienne shouted from the back seat, "Hey, that's where my knees came from!" We pulled over so she could have her picture taken next to their sign with her new knees.
I like to joke and call Mother's Day "Marian's Day" for my Grandma Marian that is the matriarch of my mother's side of the family. Most of the other family members were there early for some Mother's Day house cleaning, but we were smart (haha) and arrived just in time for lunch. After a great lunch we waxed the speed boat to get it ready for the summer, and washed and waxed cousin Maria's car. Grandpa Ray inspected the work to make sure the grandkids were washing the car good enough. Many hands make light work! Then it was time for a pontoon boat ride around the lake. One can't go to the lake without taking a hour long lap around the lake on the pontoon boat. It was beautiful weather, sunny and low 70s. Grandma Marian looked cold and eagerly took my sweater when I offered it to her. I really like the photo of Grandma Marian with her cell phone on the boat. She's all bundled up on a pretty sunny day, looking like she's sending a text message! Cell phones are mandatory on the boat. It's no fun to run out of gas or have the boat break down and be a long way from home. Mom, Dad, and I visited Grandma Pauline in the nursing home. I was happy that she remembered who I was. She keeps asking if my sister or I have any babies yet. We're working on it, Grandma.

Today was Aunt Linda's birthday and her three children and their significant others (1 spouse, 1 fiancee, and 1 boyfriend) were all there to join in the fun of St. Pat's trivia night that raises funds for the school. All of the cousins were on a team together with Adrienne (Kevin's mom) too, while my mom and dad, aunt and uncle, were on another team with some friends. The cousins team scored averagely, had a lot of fun, and really enjoyed the jello shots. The team's favorite trivia round was identifying cars by their make and model. Some team members loudly complained that they should get extra points for knowing the year, too. Kevin was especially happy because his first and favorite car, the 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo, was featured in trivia. These Catholics really know how to have a good time at church!

1 comment:

  1. Jello Shots...games...fun??? I didnt grow up Catholic like that. LOL! Count me in for your next event!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!