Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Baby Stuff Temptations

Kevin and I went to my mom and dad's house for dinner tonight, and dad was really hilarious. My dad jokes: You don't need a high chair and plastic under the floor, just feed the kid in the garage and hose her down! Crib, you don't need a new crib! We've still got yours from 30 years ago complete with chew marks where you tried to eat off all of the white paint. The crib's still upstairs in the attic all ready for you.

Humm... maybe that's why I had to do a "do over" for two college classes. I've been brain damaged by lead based paint from my crib. I can't believe that my parents kept the crib after my little sister was finished with it in 1983!!! I woulda sold that in a garage sale long ago. Guess I was pretty special (sniff sniff) and they couldn't part with my crib.

I've been bad. I can't help myself. Kevin told me that I wasn't allowed to buy baby stuff until we get a referral, but I cheated. I bought two sets of jammies (red and pink with ladybugs) from Gymboree earlier this month. These baby companies know my weaknesses. Today I got an e-mail from Robeez with a cutie Asian baby and SUNFLOWER SHOES! I love Sunflower decor.

My mom and dad say that the only thing that they bought for me before I was born was a package of diapers and a couple of onsies. Oh, and they got a bassinet from Aunt Sharon and bought a used changing table for $5. Wow.

P.S. to my Mommy: Thanks for the COD. Not certificate of deposit. Not collect on delivery. It's the fish.

4 comments:

  1. I understand the temptation. We've bought so many cute girly clothes over the last 4 months since our referral. I thik she's actually out grown some of them!

    I've enjoyed your blog. I think I nodded my head at least every other line ;-) Thanks for the tip on the dog book as well.

    Kevin
    Waiting to bring Megan Su-yu home

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEAD!! That's the first thing I thought of when you starting talking about the crib. Can you imagine. My hubby won't let me buy anthing either until we get a referral. I've been good though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I wont tell if you wont tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Thanks for coming by and sharing in our good news. We are still over the moon with joy.

    We are pretty close to you, but more to your west. It's always nice to meet a neighbor!

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!