Sunday, December 24, 2006

Simple Gifts

Kevin and I decided a couple of months ago that we wouldn't get each other gifts at Christmas, choosing to save the money for our adoption expenses. Well, of course one of us (yeah, that's me) couldn't resist getting a present for our spouse. I bought our first baby item for him tonight after work, a pink and white "I love my Daddy" bib. When I asked Kevin if he wanted to open his Christmas present tonight or tomorrow, he started to get pretty upset... "Hey, I thought we agreed that we weren't getting gifts!" until I showed him what it was. Hee hee, I got kissed a few times after he saw the bib. Guess a baby present was an acceptable purchase!

We participated in the Christmas Eve service at church tonight. The handbell group I'm in played "In the Bleak Midwinter" sweetly and playfully knocked out "Carol of the Bells." It's amazing how practice sometimes doesn't go so hot but we do really well when we're faced with an audience. Kevin served as door greeter and photographer. He cleaned up really nice in a new suit, don't ya think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!