Saturday, December 9, 2006

Red Threads


Some friends have asked me to explain the "red thread" reference in my previous post. It refers to the following Chinese proverb that has become important to many parents during their adoption journey.

An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break. - Chinese proverb

Here's a Cafe Press site with red thread gifts that I think are pretty cute.
I really like the symbolism of the red thread. I can imagine myself holding on to this red line... and it stretches out farther than I can see. I don't know where it goes, but somewhere half way around the world I can picture our daughter holding on to it too. Hopefully we'll find her at the end of that long red thread in Taiwan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep blogging safe for everyone. Do not share personal information about us or other users in your comments. Thank you!